Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up

Hey All!

I know it has been about a bagillion eons since the last time I put a post on here, and I hope you guys will forgive me. In one fell swoop several months ago I found myself being swept away with the current of life with no life preserver and unfortunately my blog had to take a back seat to other, more pressing matters.

Now a days life is starting to balance itself back out...for the time being anyway. One thing I have learned is that the last thing you should ever count on is normalcy, because just when you get comfortable, that's the precise moment when your life will go up in a violent upheaval.

Anyway, I thought today's post could be just a year-end catch up:

And MY how things have changed!

Landon is doing very well in school, so far he has perfect report cards! He is learning to read by Spalding phonograms with which he is also learning to spell, and now he is starting to discover the freedom of being able to read words on a page! He is learning addition and subtraction in math and is doing surprisingly well. The kid never ceases to amaze me. He has charmed all of the recess aids in his school and has a crush on the teacher across the hall, "Ms. Taylor." He's had a few little girlfriends, though he has been holding hands with this current one for probably the longest...I even caught him carrying her backpack.

Kaden and I have really had a chance to bond over the last few months. He's really come out of his shell (though in the company of strangers he goes right back in it). He looks up to his brother, adores his dad, and has developed a stronger protectiveness over his little sister. He's a very tender-spirited little boy, the kind who tears up while watching certain parts of  "Despicable Me." Our favorite thing to do every morning is climb in bed after Landon goes to school and watch cartoons.

I've decided that toddlers are funny and peculiar creatures, and Myla is definitely no exception to that theory. She's the sweetest little girl who knows how to feel out a situation and lay on just the right amount of charm to get attention. She's also the kind of girl who will headbutt you square in the forehead if you're not watching. She has an even bigger knack for mischief, i.e., showcasing her artistry on our freshly painted walls, and just days before that she performed a little trick in which she earned the title, "Super Pooper Scooper."

As you can see, with these three, life is never boring.

Lastly, we bought a house!


...which is what has taken up most of the time the last few months. Who knew that buying a house getting it ready and moving would take so much energy!

I know. Everyone but me. That's just my talent in life: Grossly underestimating everything.

That's it for tonight! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

-Tash

No comments: