Monday, February 11, 2013

Life is an Adventure

Insomnia. It sucks on so many levels, which is why I am here writing tonight.

I'd actually forgotten about this blog until recently. In fact, I was going to delete it all together because I hadn't posted something in a year or longer. Then I read the last couple posts and decided perhaps the world needed a little more Tasha. Or maybe I'm just looking for a little therapy.

So what has happened in the past year?

Right around January we found out we were going to be adding another little critter to our crazy brood. I discovered something very quickly. Pregnancy during the summer in Arizona sucks. Literally. As my friend Ali would say "It sucks pond water." I don't think I've ever been so hot in my life. The kids got a little spoiled. We may or may not have lived in the swimming pool from June almost till D-Day and meal time was more like "If you can reach it, it's yours." But, we managed to survive.

We delivered a healthy (and hefty) baby in September and our home is a little more complete. The kids have welcomed baby Dallin into our home with open arms (much to my surprise) and things are...well, let's just say I don't have much down time these days.

In the meantime the boys have taken up Tae Kwon Do where it has become painfully apparent that they get their grace and coordination from their mother. The boys have a form all their own  in regards to the usual exercises; jumping jacks are more on the crazy side of "wacky jacks," sit ups consist of flailing ankles or arms in the air, and don't even get me started on push ups.

One thing that has become apparent is Landon's vanity, which is funny albeit a little embarrassing. See, while all the other kids are standing in line patiently waiting to kick or hit some object or padded person, my child is often found in the mirror examining himself in his karate get up. He may or may not smile at himself too.

Kaden, on the other hand, is more stubborn. Some days he's willing to go along with the suggested exercises, but there are others where he stands in the middle of the dojo with a scowl on his face and his arms crossed. It's about then that I realize I forgot to make sure he got something to eat beforehand.

Myla has turned into a little flirt. During these 45-minute classes, my little girl can usually be found walking around, hamming it up to just about everyone on the sidelines. This usually results in shared toys, treats or even siblings. Like her brother, Myla is very charismatic and I can't help but wonder if I have a couple of con artists on my hands.

In the meantime, there I sit on the sidelines with a 20-pound 4-month-old in my arms, watching as one son is staring in the mirror, the other one is giving staring at me with a look that could melt metal, and my daughter is roaming around trying to charm the treats out of anyone who will give her the time of day. What can I say? Life is an adventure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply amazing article! Unfortunately, I found this article too late - I already found the answer on another service. Try PDFfiller to fill MO DoR 943 here . It allows you to to fill out PDF files http://pdf.ac/616zRs.